Conflict with mil

Hi mummies, want to know how you all handle with the conflict with your mil. We arranged our mil to come Singapore to help us take care of my LO but many conflicts happen since day 1. It was suppose a happy thing for my husband and I on the delivery of our baby but in fact the arguments never stop.. Honestly I do appreciate my mil for sacrificing to come over to take care my mil (my mil is from Malaysia). But sometimes I always have conflict with her, I'm not sure whether I'm too stubborn or over protective on my baby. When I saw something that's not right, I'll voice out. But old woman are always sensitive especially my mil is a single mother. She get very offensive with my words. Her 6 months with us, she always like to tell us she wan to go back Malaysia. She actually promised us that she'll help us to take care my LO till March 2022, that's why I postpone my ifc enrolment till next year. But she's keep saying that she want to go back Malaysia after every argument with me. To me, she's threatening me. My husband and I feel very suffer when she say that as our financial is very tight and both of us need to work. We definitely need someone to help us take care our LO. But when I say something that's not on my mil's flavour, she get very offensive and start to say she wan to go back Malaysia. Today, we quarrel again, as I having a dinner with my friend, my mil didn't give my LO fruit puree. Usually my LO puree time is about 6pm to 7pm. For me, once the fruit puree is introduced, it has to continue (correct me if I'm wrong). For my husband and my mil, they don't see the fruit puree is a necessary. I can feel that my mil is not agree with the fruit puree (maybe because it's my idea). My mil even comment 'baby eat the fruit puree will become more clever?'. Seriously I'm very uncomfortable with the words she say so. My mil now say that she don't want to help us take care my LO during nighttime after this aurgument. I really feel very dissapointed and stressed by my mil. Mummies, please let me have your opinion... Tell me if I'm correct to insist that the fruit puree to continue on daily basis or am I a stubborn mummy and make the whole words suffer? #advicepls

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Sorry to hear about ur conflict with ur MIL. The consistency of giving solids to ur baby I think depends on the age of ur baby. If ur baby is just 6 months, I think it's ok not to give as often as baby's main feed is still milk. Unless ur PD advised to increase solids due to baby's low weight, don't worry abt it. You can feed him puree when u're at home. Can try to slow talk to ur MIL tt puree helps baby to prepare for real food, otherwise it'll be hard for him to transition later on. Google for articles on this and perhaps share with ur hubby so tt he can see it's impt to start giving baby some puree. For me, I started my baby on puree when he's 5 months and even at almost 7 mths now, he's only eating puree twice a day as he's still preferring milk. We're slowly increasing his intake.

Read more

I will strongly recommend u send your baby to IFC if u can't accept your MIL ways of taking care baby u are lucky that u can still have ME time having dinner with your friend, be appreciate for your MIL existence. without her, you will need to pick up your baby from IFC by 7pm and do all by yourself puree no need to be taken daily my dear

Read more