Hi mummies, any tips for potty training? My boy is 32 months old. He is able to tell me when he wants to poo but he refuse to go to the potty.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Toilet training needs a lot of affirmations from parents. Do not rush him or say unpleasant things to make him worried. Some children are worried that they will fall inside the potty or toilet bowl. I trained both my children by placing them on toilet bowl (put small toilet seat). For my gal, she is used to sitting on it to pee. For both of them, I alleviated their fears by borrowing books on toilet training, and reading to them. Let them ask qn and then I explain what is happening. Your boy is getting there, give him stickers of his choice whenever he is one step nearer. Make a big deal and have a celebration on it.

Read more

Hi, when my nieces had to potty train, we use to start off by having the potty at the same place everytime. Lots of encouragement. U can also try to let him bring his fav book or toy with him to the potty - something that can comfort him while he tries to s***. You could also monitor if it is a problem of hard stools which he finds it difficult to s*** or painful to s*** that's why he doesn't like to go to the potty. So increase the fiber and largely increase the water intake. Jiayou :)

Read more