Morning mummies.. My boy still not willing to sit on potty or toilet bowl.. He will be promoted to Nursery soon, teacher asked me to start training him but he just refuse to try.. How should I encourage him?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Just try to ease him into it slowly. There will come a time he will be embarrassed about it and kick the habit. If we stress them too much all the more they will find potty intimidating. My niece wore diapers for pooing until she was almost five! No matter how we tell her she won't be able to do it at the potty . In the end because my gal was born and she had a younger bro and she started to feel embarrassed that she needs to have the butt wiped like them and we made her promised to kick the habit once the babies are out and she just did it one day.

Read more

I faced a similar situation as you. My boy is now 36months so dont feel bad about it. You can start just by placing him in the toilet bowl to sit down. Its okay if he doea not do anything. If you are comfortable to bring him along with you when you do a pee. Its just to introduce the idea. Also has he started to talk, does he go to a corner to hide when he does a poo. If yes, your boy is pretty much ready. For a start, try every morning once he wakes up. Hope i helped :)

Read more
8y ago

Yeah i know what you mean. I regret not starting earlier as well. But dont feel bad. Hahaha my kiddo is older then yours and i am just starting, quite ashamed of myself on this. Well, take it slow. It will come, soon. Xxx hugs