Hi mummies, any tips and advice on choosing a high chair? There's so many options and I'm super confused! Should I get the wooden kind? Or those with chair pads (looks so comfy! But reviews says hard to clean?) Or the IKEA kind will do? Or booster seats? Need something very sturdy as my girl is so active. Any advice appreciated! Thanks! :)

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had an IKEA highchair previously. I must say it's great because it's easy to clean and move around because of it's lightweight. Whenever it's super dirty you can just take out all the parts and wash it with soap. However, it is quite flimsy compared to the heavier highchairs and takes up quite alot of space in the dining area because you can't exactly slide it under the dining table. I also have the stokke tripp trapp which I've been using for more than 4 years (my elder is 6 and younger is 4). I love it alot because my kids can go up and down the chair on their own (when they get more mobile). It also doubles up as their study chair now due to lack of space at home (I'm using dining table as their "study area"). Of course, the downside is the hefty price tag (there are also other brands with similar functionality). If you're looking for something with longer lifespan, get something similar to the tripp trapp.... otherwise something like IKEA will do the job :)

Read more
8y ago

Youre welcome!

I love the stokke tripp trapp but it is a bit pricey and could not convince my husband that we will keep the chair for that long. But I would love to have it for the reasons shares in the earlier post. I bought Lucky baby high chair at baby fair - they have quite a few designs and range - $99-199 I would recommend my high chair or sow thing similar if they have the following features: - removable cover and straps - to wash in basin and just clip to dry - adjustable seat height - if u want to sit at dining table or sofa to feed baby or to tuck under table - removable tray - I don't need it now and it's easier to put child in and out without the tray. - has waist and shoulder straps to help hold baby more back - broad seat to give back and waist support - somewhat cushy

Read more
Post reply image
8y ago

thankyou! :)

Perhaps you can bring baby to try first. My gal doesn't like to be in a high chair so end up i had to feed her in exersaucer. The high chair we had was the type with soft cover but it is actually very hot for them unless you have the fan blowing at them. My gal's hair was always covered in sweat when she sat in those soft cover high chair . My mil uses the IKEA high chair and she claims my gal is fine in it. I feel no need to get an expensive one because they won't want to be trapped in it for too long

Read more
VIP Member

I think there are pros and cons for all types so you gotta weigh them and see what suits your needs best. I have a Lucky Baby high chair for home use and recently got a portable booster seat for outside use where I know won't have baby chairs. For me, I need something with a tray table and is easy to clean.

Read more
VIP Member

I am personally using Ikea high chair and love it. It's convienent for clean up without the hassle of removing any cushion. the down side is, it's abit small on the leg compartment, so bigger babies may have difficulties getting in and out of the chair,

Read more

I've got the combi one but it's not light weight as compared to ikea. I prefer ikea. Easy to clean also. Can consider ikea highchair

Ikea is good, cheap, easy to clean and light weight. However you must watch baby at all times. In case baby flips over.

I think IKEA high chair is gd for baby .. the other highchairs I feel are too big for babies and more suitable for toddler

VIP Member

Ikea is 👍🏻. Cheap and 👍🏻. Go outside also use ikea, baby can get used to it faster also.