How to choose a baby high chair? should I just buy the Ikea high chair?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I personally think the IKEA chair is cheap, cheerful and functional. What it misses is a footrest for the baby and the ability to detach the tray so you can bring the chair up to the dining table. A number of wooden high chairs also have the optionality of converting to regular chairs that can be used in the nursery once your child stops using a high chair. While wooden chairs do look nice and come in multiple colors, the downside is that cleaning up wood isn't as easy as plastic and I was dismayed to find out that most of the toys that are made to keep the baby distracted during feeding had a suction that only worked on plastic trays. But overall if you're not fussy and are looking for a good basic chair, IKEA will do fine. I don't think there's much of a difference in comfort between all the high chairs.

Read more

It depends on individual. Whether it's easy to get your baby in and out is the most important concern. You'll want your baby to stay seated for a decent period of time therefore, need to make sure it's comfortable. Babies are notoriously messy eaters, and that means you need to consider how easy it is to clean up the high chair after a messy meal.

Read more
VIP Member

Ikea high chair is good enough, as outside also use Ikea high chair. Will help your child don't choose highchair to sit too. If you can afford more, can wait for mothercare sales, the high chair with cushion. I got the Lucky Baby High Chair, it's high enough and baby won't drop down. Good is it's foldable, if you have space problem.

Read more
Post reply image

Sorry to digress.. I have the Ikea high chair with the tray but I find the tray super hard to remove! does anyone else have the same problem or did I get a defective item? I really need to use a lot of force and force it out.

Ikea high chair is very affordable and sturdy. As it is affordable, i bought a few to put in various locations eg in grandparents' house, put one in car if some restaurants have dirty high chairs and one at home.

I dont like ikea high chair though. Not sure if mine or the restaurant(s) are different model. It very flimsy. Few times a waiter accidentally kicked(while walking) the chair and my girl almost fell.

Yes, you should just get the IKEA high chair. It's affordable and most restaurants are using it which helps when you dine outside because the child finds it familiar and is use to sitting in it

For us, we chose for its affordability n practicality. I don't want to buy a high chair that is priced too high and in the end, my child rejects sitting in it. Heart pain after that.

i think ikea high chair is good enough. however if u have the budget to spend, u can buy one with a little cushion.

Ikea High Chair is good for us to use and clean .Its affordable and dont take up too much space