C sect and walking

Hi mummies, those who went thru c sect How long was the recovery? Cab you walk the next day without feeling any pain?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

just had my 4th csect on the 2aug.. usually the nurses and doc will encourage to walk after 24hr.. which is the 2nd.. once the catheter is off you will need to pee and measure the pee etc etc. it was painful for me cos its my 4th time. but first few i asked for the nurses to help me in the toilet. bcos yes getting down and up from the toilet seat is not as easy after surgery. after awhile you will know yourself whether u are strong enough to walk by yourself or not. i feel like you have to be positive in healing. you have to be strong for your children. unless really you are in pain that you must alert the doc asap. anyways.. sure all mother is strong! you can do it!

Read more

my recovery was fast ! i had csect at 3pm and was on my feet the next morning. it felt scary at first but thanks to the IV painkillers I didnt feel any pain. after switching out from IV painkillers to oral painkillers I also felt little pain. if any it felt like strong muscle ache after very very intense exercises. i got out of bed and walked alot during my time in hospital coz it is suppose to help heal faster. My wound stopped having any pain and I stopped painkillers around day 7. wearing the binder helps reduce/prevent pain also as the wound wont shift around, I wore it daily for about 2 weeks (can wear longer)

Read more

It was hard to walk the next day but it'll be ok if u just pop painkillers. I honestly didn't feel much pain cz I the painkillers helped to mask it. I stopped upon discharge and was able to walk slowly. Aft tt I was gg in and out of hospital every day cz baby was still in NICU and I insist on b'feeding him at least once a day. My csect wound healed well tho despite me walking alot.

Read more
9mo ago

i started walking 24hr after the c sect too. the moment i had painkillers and when they removed the urinal bag i got off the bed at an ultra slow speed and went to the bathroom on my own. there is definitely pain but u just have to get off and try to walk so that it helps with recovery.

Started walking round the next day… feeding, going to the loo (within the delivery suite). The doctor advised to take the pain killer even you do not feel much pain because there are still drugs in the system. I was given synflex and paracetamol. I feel the movement helps the recovery. Remember to wear a binder all the time.

Read more

Hello! Next day I was able to walk with binder the next day, pls use the binder, it reduce the movement at the wound area. Recover was not as long as wad I tot will b.. pain is soooooo much less painful then checking of dilation. And the whole Csect is really less painful then wad I tot it will be

Hi Im a mom with 3kids with 3time czer. To be honest, prepared for pain management. Dont expect fast recovery as this depend on your body trauma after the ops. However, try to walk on the 2nd day. The binder is all u need for at least 3months. I took fast recovery on my 2nd. But my 3rd was abit longer.

Read more

Tbh, walking on the next day was tough for me. It was difficult to lift my feet, sit down and stand up from the toilet seat and sit up in bed. I took the painkillers but I wouldn’t say it’s painless but it’s bearable. My recovery is smooth, no infection or bleeding from the wound.

I’m so surprised that so many mummies heal so fast! I had difficulty getting off my bed the 2nd day cos it’s so painful. But eventually managed to walk to the toilet to pee after many tries. The first was the worse, after all it became slightly easier to move around.

I can walk without any pain and not taking painkillers. Just remember to hold on to your tummy. I walk and stand alot too. Request for hospital discharge on the third day in the morning.

8mo ago

Wah i am curious who is ur gynae! Seems he/she has done a good job!!

able to walk with binder support, didn't take painkillers on 2nd day of csec. can't really remember if it's painful when walking recovery pretty fast, about 1-2 months

9mo ago

Oh wow, amazing!! Ok luckily i packed my binder already thanks for the tips mummy