C section scar

Hi, those mummies who went for c section. Is the c sect scar pop out to be normal? Or it should be flat? I’m 10 months pp.

C section scar
8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi.. you should use Frida mom silicone gel https://frida.com/products/c-section-silicone-scar-patches I use this with no scar and keloids form. I’m on my 4th month postpartum. The silicone gel heals and prevent from scarring. My stitch is flush with my skin and it is completely flat. I did not use the scar gel that my gynae use. I only paste the Frida mom silicone gel and leave it , every 7 days I will replace a new one.

Read more
VIP Member

Might not go away totally... My sis had an open surgery to have her appendix removed when she's 19. She showed me the keloid scar is still ther, but it sort of faded away n be less obvious now. The bulge sort of become flatter. She's 36 this year.

Mine at certain area also bulging out. Mine is a 15cm scar. This pic was 10 days pp. Now I’m 5.5 months pp. Should have gone to doc and ask for a scar cream / steroid cream to prevent keloid from forming.

Post reply image

My gynae said tt some ppl has their scars pop out. It's called keloid scar and tt's normal. Mine is hardly visible tho cz I was given a keloid preventive cream aft my wound healed.

3y ago

Alright. Thank you!

TapFluencer

mine does, but not doing anything yet as I'm having 2nd one soon. try cica-care or scar patch from pharmacy, should help a little with the swelling keloid.

VIP Member

This is a keloid scar. It is normal and doesn’t really go away.

yes mine at certain area is also bulging out. its been 2.5 years.

It’s normal.