11 Replies

VIP Member

Usually, it is advised against drinking or smoking while breastfeeding - and even drinking caffeine because some babies are really sensitive and can get sick or cranky from it even though only small amounts get passed through breastmilk. There's a saying that goes "if you're sober enough to drive, you're sober enough to breastfeed". But with that said, please do not breastfeed while drinking - especially if you know that alcohol doesn't sit very well with you, just for the safety of your child! Otherwise, there's no real need to pump/dump or wait before breastfeeding but do keep a look out for any sensitivities your child might have!

I had sips here and there at the beginning and didn’t do research. After when I felt like a glass of wine I waited two hours before nursing. Sometimes baby doesn’t wait two hours so have to nurse. As long as it’s in moderation you should be fine. Some studies prove that by the time alcohol passes through your body and through your milk it’s 0.04% that actually transfers (so in told)

I did drank a can/bottle of beer before when my child was 2 months old. But before that I make sure I store some of my milk then resume breastfeeding the next day.

VIP Member

I still drank. maximum i would go is 1 can of beer. Don't feel guilty mummy. In fact beer will give you increased milk supply due to the malt content!

Not a good advice... you can manage without a drink, c'mon, it's the health of your baby you're taking about 🤦‍♀️

VIP Member

My advise is to refrain from drinking and smoking if you’re breastfeeding. There are harmful substances from alcohol and cigarettes.

With moderation I'd say it's okay. If you really feel bad, then express and throw. For me, I just continue feeding.

I did the same at beginning u til next drink we started to investigate and found feeding baby two hours after drinking is fine. Everything in moderation

Advised not to... or if I did I would wait 2-3 hours

Agreed 👍🏼

Better not to do it

No pls

VIP Member

Tt

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles