Sleepless Night

Hello Mummies! Sorry first time pregnancy here. Would like to ask if any of you have sleepless nights? I realised I have been waking up every 2 hours and cant seem to find a comfortable spot. Any recommendations? Thanks!

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It’s normal! :) Ive read an article about this, it’s the way our body “trains” us to get used to motherhood. Bec when baby arrives, that’s how much we gonna wake up. Even not waking up for no reason, our body also wakes us up to pee. Try to get more rest as much as u can, don’t mean to scare u. But once baby arrives, we never will have enough sleep ever again. If u’re working, day some days off just to rest your body and sleep as much as u can! I never had such advises, that’s why I worked till the day I pop. 2 children on, still working and not getting enough sleep. But! It’s all worth it :)

Read more

hi! for my first kid, I was like u, waking up every 2hrs or less, tossing, turning, peeing, sweating. dun matter which trimester. come the next pregnancy, I sleep like a pig 😂 maybe the other poster is right, I'm already well trained mommy after my first - when the baby monitor lights up or makes a wince, I will leap up and check on my eldest 😊

Read more

Me too! First tri i wake every 2hrs to pee. Suddenly like pee production into overdrive. Then comes the phase of wake at 4am cos i hungry. Den now permanent of wake at 1-2am (be it i slp at 9pm or not) and awake till 4-5pm den slp (i wake 7-8am for work). I find plugging in to rain sounds for slp works. U can try!

Read more

most nights i wake up at odd timings like 3am or 5am, usually take 1 hour or so to fall back asleep ): some nights i have difficulty falling asleep. some nights i turn on relaxing/deep sleep music on spotify or youtube. i find that i can sleep through the night if i have the music on. you can give it a try!

Read more

Yes! Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and would take about 2hrs to fall back asleep because I can’t seem to find a comfortable position. It’s getting really tiring and this become so much worse as I hit 36th week.

I had sleepless nights almost throughout e whole pregnancy.. First trimester with nightmares while e rest due to baby bigger harder to breathe..

tell me about it! I always sleep half sit. so nap whenever you can in the noon.