Till what month do newborns need to be fed every 2 to 3 hours ?

Hi Mummies, I am first time mum here and my baby is 19 days old now. Can I please check by which week the feeding and sleeping patterns start to normalise? Currently it is every 2 to 3 hours so pulling sleepless nights. Just want to understand when does it start to get better Thanks mummies for the help #advicepls #firstbaby

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My baby slowly sleeps through the night at around 2months + We slowly pushed back her night feeding time, from 2-3am to 3-4am then 4-5am and later 5-6am. Now her last feeding is usually around 11-12am and she’s quite consistent in waking up at about 7am. We give her pacifier when she makes noise at night.

Read more

You are not alone Mummy! I doubt it will be that soon (currently having a 7 week old and I am still feeding him 2-3 hours a day and through the night) but hope that you get all the help you need, try to outsource the some feeds so you get a break and come back stronger for baby

11mo ago

Thanks for assuring mummy :)

when my daughter was around 2 months old, i decided to try to give her pacifier if she woke up during the night. it somewhat helps and she wont want night feeds ever since. in the day i feed on demand, usually every 3-4 hours

Mine was 6mo onwards without night feeds (she started sleeping thru the night) but day time still the same. 2-3 hourly.

Hang in there mummy! By 2.5 months will be better - your bb might be able to do 3-4 hour sleeps at night

Mine was 6 months and he started sleeping through the night so we stop waking him up for milk.