Hello mummies, do you recommend pacifier to a 4 months old baby? Is it true that introducing pacifier will delay in speech? Thank you for the advice.

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

At first I didn't want to give my baby pacifier but I realised it's very good for soothing baby especially when they want to fall asleep. My baby is 4 mths now and will push out the pacifier if he doesn't want it. Not sure about speech. But I don't think it will affect it. The number one concern for me was crooked teeth and over reliance on pacifier.

Read more

Me too .. I didn't want to give the pacifier but my parents encourage cos it soothes my son. I also gave in cos he wanted to suckle to sleep and it was tiring. But after 1 year plus, he wean himself from it. I think use it only when he is sleeping

Read more

No speech delay - my baby on pacifier since 1st month. I myself has a strong persistent user of the pacifier when I was a baby. Just give when needed but not to simply just shut baby's mouth up. My baby talks a lot now anyway

Both my kids had pacifier at 1 month plus. 2 yo both wean off. No speech delay. Both kids starts talking very young. Now noisy like nobody biz. Talk n talk non stop

My LO (19 mths) I gave pacifier when she is 1 mth plus. Until now still using (during night time sleep). Her speech is not delay and can sleep a lot of words..

VIP Member

i gave pacifier to my babies. no it doesn't affect their speech. the only thing that affects them would be their tooth being crooked

VIP Member

Won't delay speech but might cause buck tooth. We stopped her at 14 months and introduced it from month 2

Nope it will not delay. Both of kids had pacifier at 1month old. Now 5 & 2 le talk non stop. No delay

VIP Member

No delay at all. But might cause buck tooth.

i didn't give for all my 3 boys