Diaper rash

Hey mummies. Recently my baby kept having rashes on her private part. Hence i keep on applying the drapolene cream to avoid it from worsen. However my baby been using huggies brand eversince shes born but the rashes just started recently. Should i change to a new diaper? Or i have to constantly change her diaper for 3-4hrs?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, change diaper more frequently. My boy used to have it and when I change him every time I see the indicator turns blue (tt cld be as fast as 2 hourly), the rashes stopped. No rashes for a few months alr. I also put Desitin as soon as I see redness on his bum and the rashes never appeared. I'm using Huggies so I don't think it's the diaper.

Read more
Super Mum

Drapolene is good as a maintenance cream if there’s no rash and you want to prevent it. But when there is a rash, I suggest Desitin Rapid Relief to treat the rash. If baby’s having a rash, you should probably change the diaper more often (immediately after pooping, or when there’s significant amount of pee). Hope she gets well soon!

Read more

cleaning with water instead of just wet wipes help alot to prevent diaper rash.. I use wet wipes, spray bottle with water and cotton to clean every diaper change. basically, with poo i spray with water and wipe it with wet wipes and once the poop clean, will wet the cotton and wipe the whooe bottom area and private part.

Read more
TapFluencer

you can try changing her diaper to see if it gets better. by right it should get better and not keep having the issue. I use merries for day I change only 4 5 hour once don't have this issue. Rascals and friends overnight for 9 hours also fine. my girl has super sensitive skin I tried many brands 😂

Read more

My girl used to use huggies platinum and never had rash problems until she’s one and started eating more. I guess sometimes it’s due to what the baby consumes that makes their urine or poo more acidic or irritating to their skin.

Change her diaper frequently. When she pee just change and each time apply the cream. Instead of wiping with wet wipes, wash it instead. It’s a lot cleaner to wash.

Super Mum

Good to change diapers every 3-4 hours for hygiene reasons and also to probably change to another brand of diaper rash cream to see what works for her

I am using rascals and friends diaper and TMC baby bam since birth for my little princess. I change diaper every 3 to 4hrs.No diaper rash so far.

Ceradan diaper cream is the best! Highly recommend by PD and I used on my baby super good!

Try to change diaper regularly. As baby skin is much more sensitive