Mummies pls advice me, I just got back to work (4 months pp), and my supply has dropped from 100 ml a pump to barely 30. I don't have enough milk for my baby anymore. I am super stressed and depressed. I have tried al the boosters possible, but nothing helps.

Post image
7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Going back to work can be stressful for many new mums. Not only are you dealing with the aspect of leaving your baby during the day, you have to also deal with pumping milk and storing. All this affects your breastmilk supply. Always remember that you are doing the best you can for your little angel and that once you have fallen into a routine, things will start getting better. In the meantime, don't handle this alone, talk to your friends and husband for support.

Read more

Don't be stressed dear. It happens with all new mums, especially the ones who are over-worked and over-stressed. The best way to boost your milk supply would be by pumping as often as you can. Also make sure that you have a proper diet and take the necessary foods that are a must for a breastfeeding mum. Read more about them in this article: http://www.whattoexpect.com/first-year/breastfeeding/breastfeeding-diet.aspx

Read more
VIP Member

How often are u pumping at work? I understand that it may be hard to pump regularly at work but this is crucial if you wanna keep up with your supply. Added stress from work also is a factor for low supply so try to be stress-free although I know it's hard.

Hectic schedules normally will decrease supply. You can try adding in power pump once every night and drink more fluids. If your work allows, continue pumping as per normal, do not drop any pump session. Most importantly is do not stress yourself out.

Post reply image

Stress is a major milk killer. Sometimes, having a warm beverage like Milo before you pump can help with the letdowns. Also, check your pump parts for any hairline cracks that can cause loss of suction power and thereby affecting your pump output.

have u tried lactation cookie called mum more milk? My Friend tried and managed to increase the milk from 150ml to 250ml

Big virtual hugs for you! I hope your milk supply will increase again soon :')