Finger sucking

Hi mummies, is it normal for my 4 month old to be sucking on his fingers? Any suggestion to stop him from doing it....

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Totally normal. Nothing to worry. It is part of their development milestone. They are curious about their own fingers and are learning to self soothe by sucking their fingers. Your baby might even start to eat his toes soon😅.

Post reply image
Super Mum

It's a good sign that he's following his developmental milestone. As long as you keep the hands clean I don't see anything wrong with it, they will eventually grow out of it on their own :)

VIP Member

It’s normal. My 11 months is still sucking her fingers even thou we give her pacifier and teething toys. Just make sure you always clean his fingers.

I just let him do it, it’s a phase and it gives him comfort. If it’s disturbing to you you could just gently remove his hands whenever he does it

VIP Member

It's normal, and the phase will pass. I dont think you need to keep stopping them as it's part of motor skills learning.

It’s normal. Shows that he knows he has a hand that can suck and could be teething soon

VIP Member

I gave pacificer, my LO dont wan. She prefer her drumstick finger than anything.

Super Mum

Another alt to get teeting ring with fruits in it. Prolly need to be older tho.

TapFluencer

You can try alternative or substitute like pacifier, teething toys and etc.

5y ago

I gave him teether but he is refusing it.

VIP Member

It’s normal .. u may can replace it with soothing teethers n toys