Insurance Planning at 13th Week

Hi mummies, first time mummy at 11th week here. I understand that at 13th week, we should be planning to buy insurance for both mum and baby. I'm looking at both AIA and AXA for their smooth transfer of cover from mum to baby, but are there other alternatives? Is it necessary to cover mum since I already do have my own life plan + hospitalisation plan? Can I just cover baby from 13th week for life instead? What are your experiences and pros and cons of the plans you bought? What other plans should I look at too?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, you can normally buy your insurance between week 12 and 35 (as far as I remember from my policy). You can choose between two type of insurances. 1.) single premium, cover you and your delivery. This would also allow you purchase an insurance for your baby within 90 days after giving birth. (the advantage is that you delay paying premium for baby's life insurance) 2.) you can buy the whom package where you can seamlessly transfer the policy to baby. (This is more expensive and for me it came with not useful features) I can recommend somebody if you are interested in details.

Read more
3y ago

yes, i was just introduced axa bundled plans but by two different agents. one made it seem costlier while the other made it less costly. what should be the right coverage for both maternity plan and baby life plan? one told me maternity to cover 30k. the other told me 5k coverage is enough. one told me baby life plan 150k/50k/50k till 99yo is good. another told me to lesser the coverage as i could use the money for saving plans instead of life plans. honestly quite lost. want to provide the best yet, dk whether it is necessary😅

VIP Member

Hi, I got Prudential plan. 1 is single premium that cover the mom for a period and I bundle with a life plan which after baby is born will be transfer to baby. I can share with you more. You can IG me at @Stainlessjo

Read more
VIP Member

Usually the prenatal plan only covers for both mother for the first year, thereafter only the baby is covered. Hospital plan for baby can only be purchased after they are born. I’m with AIA myself.

i didnt bought any.. and kind of regret cus im diagnose with GDM which couldve gotten some money back if ive bought the insurance..

I got 5k sum assured, maternity cover only, anything else would decide later

I’m with AXA 15k coverage :)