2 Replies

I understand your dilemma...however if you and the baby are both nor ready to finish your breastfeeding journey, then make one last attempt to solve the problem. The problem here could be that your toddler is not latching on properly for her age. If she is latching on correctly then her tongue should cover the bottom teeth while she nurses. She could be taking in too much of the breast tissue and sucking very hard, and it could be leading to the pain and bleeding. You might also need to change your breastfeeding position to a more comfortable one – try lying down sideways, especially at night time, as that is when your daughter is seeking comfort.

VIP Member

Oh dear. I would suggest weaning her completely (expecting the goddess of breastfeeding to strike me with lightning now...). I mean, if it's so painful that you can't recover anymore, I think it's time to stop direct latching. Or at least take a break from it. Or have you considered using a nipple shield? Just until you've recovered. But I've never used one so I don't know how that will affect your supply or your toddler (that is, if she latches on to it in the first place!).

hi! i tried nipple shield. she bite even more! cause she doesn like the plastic feel of the shield. yikes!

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles