Daughter doesn't want dad in the middle of the night when she wakes up.

So I'm a father of a 2 year old (April 2023). So all along my wife has been latching for to sleep and we are trying to wean her off latching at night. She still doesn't sleep through the night and wakes up at least once every night. So as of now, I managed to make her sleep at night without my wife but the problem is, she doesn't want me in the middle of the night when she wakes up (this doesn't just happen now and has been there since she was younger). Only my wife would be able to calm her down. I'm trying to take the heavy lifting off my wife so that she can have more rest but it's impossible right now since she doesn't want me at night - given that she knows my wife, the source of latching is there and she is definitely latching just for comfort Any daddy/mummy who have similar issue that could advise on what I can do, that will be very much appreciated. Thank you. #advicepls #pleasehelp #weaning

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

There’s nothing much you could do as kid has their preferred parent at different stage.. Maybe the best method is for you to spend more time with her when she’s awake and getting your wife to stay away and let your daughter slowly get used to you more..

1y ago

Yes I'm also doing that hoping it will be easier as time goes by