Necessity for baby starting solids

Hi mummies. My LO is currently 4.5 months. Planning to start solid at 6 months. Can share what items/ necessities to buy and how many of them to get. Thank you!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

High chair - I recommend one with a 5-point buckle, to keep your child in securely, and to prevent them from climbing out later on. It’s good to train the LO from young to sit through the meal, and not run all over the place:) Food prep - this one is a very personal thing. Some people like store bought food, some people like cooking fresh, some people like making a larger quantity and freezing the food. I do all of the above 😂 (for different kinds of food) - for baby food makers, you’ll need something to steam food in and some way to break up the food. There are all-in-one food makers, and there are manual methods. It’s also useful to have a pot to cook porridge/baby pasta/baby noodles later on. - for freezing food, I have about 10 silicon food trays. I usually prepare the carbo and fish or tofu fresh. My favourite freezable foods are carrot puree, spinach and potato puree and apple + minced pork puree Serving the food - bowls (I usually use 2 during a meal because I like giving a variety of things each meal — after establishing that there’s no allergy) - spoons (I also use 2, because I’d use a new clean spoon to scoop out, say, yoghurt from the tub) - bibs.. big is good. Haha. And I find snap buttons better than velcro. My 6 mth old could open velcro ones and pull them off already. - keep wet wipes and tissues on hand. Even if you feed baby, they find lots of ways to make it messy 😂 from using their hand to smear food around the mouth to sneezing at you... - camera. Lol. Trust me. Take photos/videos 😁 Clean up - baby friendly washing soap for the dishes, plus I also use a dedicated sponge for her stuff, at least till she’s a bit older. Have fun:)

Read more