help me out

Hi mummies. My LO is 5MO.. I am currently staying with my in laws. However, i can't bring my son out to the living room to play because there are cats in the house. My son has eczema and the fur could trigger his eczema so i seldom bring him out to play in the living room. I am also allergic to the fur as i'll sneeze non stop.. Will only come out when my FIL has cleaned and vaccuumed the house. So i am always couped up in the room. Can someone suggest some activities i could do with my LO in the room? I have limited space too tho.. I have a play gym but i think my son is bored with it. I need to do some activites that will encourage him to use his physical abilities..

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

same situation! my lo is only gg 2months. I'll just play with my LO,carry her bc she loveeeee to stand alot and practice her tummy time and rollovers . i also have karaoke sesh with her as she loves listening to me and my partner's song genre. she doesnt like nursery rhyme 😂ill talk to her alot while she stands like teaching her yes nod, no shake head kinda thing 😂now she likes to 'talk' so much 😂 for 5months, maybe you can start reading him books too 😉

Read more
Super Mum

In same position but mine cus others r constantly smoking. So end up i coup up in e rm. Fr me, i read books upon waking up. Then toys in between milk/sleep. Then more cuddles. Guess the best is interact while yr lo while he is playing with his toys. Dun let them play on their own. Keep talking. 😊

VIP Member

You can get cloth books and read to your baby, sing nursery rhymes, keep talking to him, get toys like stack blocks/cups, rattles and squeaky toys, let him see his reflection in the mirror, get teethers since he will likely put everything in his mouth.

VIP Member

I dont know if they are still selling this but I used to have a bouncy swing that you can deadbolt onto ceiling and my son will have at least an hour or so of fun bouncing and swinging...he even fell asleep in it once...lol

VIP Member

How about books?