Breastfeeding.

Hi mummies.. I've just given birth three days ago on Mothers day. Baby is day two now. I have a question. I decided to direct latch feed on demand for my baby however baby is demanding for milk every hour which makes my MIL and confinement nanny and my hubby thinks I don't have enough milk to satisfy baby and insist I pump out and bottle feed my baby. Baby was fine from breastfeeding in the hospital latching an hour (30 mins each side) and self detach latch after satisfied and comes back for milk after every three hours. But after reaching home baby starts to cry for milk every 2hrs then 1hr. What should I do?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It’s very normal , pls don’t worry ...initially breast milk supply will be low, instead colostrum is produced which is full of goodness for the baby. It’s only through repeated feeding does milk supply get regulated ... for me it took around 1 week for proper milk supply. Pls hang on and carry on with on demand feeding.

Read more
5y ago

Yes that's what I read on and wanted for my baby but others were not supportive and keep insisting me to pump to feed my baby.. I don't want to pump and feed to avoid nipple confusion. But they keep wanting me to pump and bottle feed so that she will stop asking for milk too often..