hi mummies, Isiz a must to go do Oscar scan. Thanks

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Our Gynae told us that if our choice is no matter what is the outcome, we will not abort, then don't bother doing it. She told us "if you are telling me that you want to do it for a peace of mind, I would say you don't need to do the test because at week 20 when we do the ultrasound, we will be able to tell/see the baby situation by the bone structure. You will then have more than enough time to prepare yourself and the necessary for your baby until you give birth." I honestly think her advice is very practical and objective. =)

Read more

Hi mummy, like the other mummies pointed out, it is not compulsory to go but if you could and would be curious to know if everything is ok then I think u should go for it - since there is also not much risk to the pregnancy or mother. I went for it as my Gyne recommended so and I thought it was quite cool to see baby in a detailed way. My friend who had a few miscarriages for unknown reasons before this also went to the test to be more careful / in the know of if anything

Read more

I wouldn't say its a must. It really boils down to both you and your husband. In fact for myself and many of my friends we skipped it. Firstly as we were young and low risk, however i have a friend wgo felt otherwise. She thought if she did not do it, it would have caused her sleepless nights abd anxiety. End day the rezt of us opted out as no matter what the results were we will still love n care for baby with no difference :)

Read more
5y ago

No necessary, but my husband and i opt for panorama . We are below age 35

Hi mommy, if you are above 35 years old I suggest doing the test since you are at high risk. But then Oscar test results are not very accurate about 60% accuracy? It is affected by your age too so I will rather go for the more expensive harmony test if my age is above 35. But if you are if the mentality that regardless of the results you will not end the pregnancy then maybe you don't have to go for the test.

Read more
8y ago

hi mommy, thanks for sharing the info.

Not compulsory. But depends on parents.. its not 100% accurate also. Personally for myself i did not take up cause i will still keep the baby despite the diagnosis. And if anything goes wrong during the tests, i do not want to stress myself and keep thinking abt it :)

It is not a must. Personally I do it because I think I do not have the ability to take care of a child who has Down syndrome for the rest of his life .... Oscar test's accuracy is 90% whereas harmony test would be 99%

Post reply image
8y ago

thanks for the info

VIP Member

It’s optional... though i did mine. Anyway whatever the result will be i will still go ahead with my pregnancy. 🙂

Optional .. i decided not to go with any of oscar or harmony. Becos regardless what, i want my baby

Super Mum

Not a must, but highly recommended to go for screening tests.

VIP Member

Not necessary unless your gynae advised to go for one