Which test did you go for?

Hi mummies, may I know which test did you go for at the end of 1st trim? oscar or paronoma? how do you decide on which to go for? Thanks!

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I took the $100+ one I don’t know which was that. My baby had a nasal bone upon his/her 12 weeks scan. Everything was normal. Some of my friends did not even go for the DS test. Cause to them regardless of the results, they’ll still keep the baby. I had a call about few days after the scan and they said I was slightly high risk (from the blood test result) and they advised to come for another test, but I feel that Hospitals will try every means and ways to squeeze money out of you unnecessarily. So I discussed with my husband and we decided not to go for further testing and let nature take its course. Well that’s just me. Ultimately it depends on your budget.

Read more

I took panorama as we want to make sure everything is fine, and to have a peace of mind. We were eager to know the gender too at week 12 so we decided on panorama. But importantly, go for the one that suits your budget. If getting oscar but turns out there is an extensive test u need to take bcs of the result, then it might end up cost the same amount..

Read more
Super Mum

I went for the Oscar test for both my kids, because my pregnancies were considered low risk, and I could wait 2 more months to find out my baby’s gender. Also the cost for both tests are significantly different, and I needed to save the money since we were on a single income.

VIP Member

We went with panorama as we felt it was more accurate. It was expensive but i thought since we were just gonna have 1 kid most likely, then it's still okay for us financially, to get a peace of mind.

VIP Member

I went for Oscar as well if u are below 35 with no health issue. It ok for Oscar although it have fault positive. It a cheaper option rather than not testing. My 2 cents thoughts

I went for Oscar, as for my age wise will be considered low risk. I had plans if let say the risk is high, then will consider going for paranoma.

We went for the Harmony test.