Mummies, is it normal for the c-section scar to itch 9 months after surgery, and pain when I do stretching?

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Samantha, Yes I think it is normal that the c-sec scar itches even after it's been some years that you had your baby. I had both babies through c-sec and even though my youngest is now 4, i experience some itching in the scar area when i do strenuous workouts, or even if the weather is too dry and my skin feels very dry there.

Read more

yes its very normal. in fact, i remember my scars itched and pain for as long as more than a year after the delivery. try applying pure coconut oil on the area, as it will keep your skin hydrated and fasten the healing process. also, do get yourself examined by your doc, just to be safe.

Yup! thats normal! My friend who had a C section last year said her scare itches even now and also becomes a bit sore. This is normally because of the healing of the scar and the blood flow. Also, if you are concerned about the scar, you can use mederma for it to fade

itchy is pretty normal but pain while stretching Im not sure since I always do stretching but doesnt feel a thing .. should check na lang din sa ob mo. if its painful or lessen na lang ung stretching or try other position

I don't know since I am a first time mum i also that sometimes and I am in my 8 months now anytime I try to excerise i see tiny drops of blood or when I bend to do something and it's on and off

yes Samantha this is normal. i have also felt the scar area itch and feel drier at times as compared to other parts of skin. make sure you keep the area well moisturized.

Normal. My 1st c-section I can feel numbness around it n pain when I hit on something even after 2-3 years. But my 2nd c-section, all is fine...

My scar used to feel numb for a while - maybe especially since I had two cesareans. But now it feels normal. My lastborn child is already 2 years old.

My scar itched and was sore for like a year. But my sister's scare was fine with 6 month. Maybe it totally depends on your body.

Yes kc sign yan n nghheal ung balat mo.. Mtgal mwla yan.. Kumati sakin lalo na pg malamig ang panahon. Iwas kamot lang