Should i opt for normal birth or csec ?

Hello mummies, i went for my last growth scan and doc told me that my baby weight is 3.1 at 36 weeks. Next week, at week 37 i would need to tell my doc whether i want to opt for normal birth or csec. Doc also explained that if i want normal birth, i would be induced in week 38 as afraid that my baby will grow even more thats why they recommend to induce in week 38. But they also don’t recommend me to go for normal birth as they afraid that due to my big size baby, it could affect the baby shoulder and oxygen level during giving birth. But i do really wanna opt for normal birth. So mummies, i really do need your opinion on this. What do you think ?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I guess it will be better to do elective c sect since that’s what your gynae recommends. If worse come to worse, you may have to go through emergency c sect then you have to go through both :/

3y ago

Elective means it’s already planned. Emergency is not planned - means you tried to give birth naturally but failed and hence emergency c sect needs to be done to get the baby out.