Gynae ask to induce at week 38 even though my baby is normal size?

Hi!! I'm a subsidized patient at kkh and the most recent gynae i went to see wants me to get induced on week 38 even though my baby size is not that big. I'm on metformin and have gd though and that is his concern. On week 36 my bb is 2.2kg. Do I really have to go for inducing on week 38? I'm week 37 currently. I'm very scared of inducing since I heard is a lot more painful. But the gynae told me there will be a risk of baby's shoulder being wide and if I wait until after week 38 it will be hard for baby to come out. Can anyone give me advices? #1stimemom #firstbaby

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hi, I was asked to induce at week 40 caused my baby still don’t want to come out 😅 don’t worry, the doctor always give the best advice. But if you’re worry, you can consider getting a second opinion but usually when you’re about time to give birth, the second opinion would require all your past check up history etc which some doctors might not want to advise. I went KKH private gynae. My baby was 2.7kg at birth. They will insert a pill to your Vagina. Mine was inserted at around 3+am, 5+am I started to fell lower backache which I thought maybe due to my lie down position (which is not, a sign of contraction starting). Then 7am I start to dilute like 2-3cm and the unbearable contraction pain started every 1min. Remember to eat something before this as after that few hours before birth, they don’t allow u to eat. I was starved for 24hrs caused my last meal was the dinner the day before and I gave birth the next day dinner time. 😂

Read more