Hi mummies, I saw a white hair on my two year old son's head. I am very scared. Any remedies to prevent further growth of white hairs?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I've heard a lot of mums say this actually, that they noticed a single strand of grey hair in their child, but otherwise the rest of the strands look normal. The hair turns grey when it loses its melanin, and when there is absolutely no melanin at all, it can look white. If your son's hair is otherwise healthy, you shouldn't be worried. Take care of his diet and add a lot of nutritious food such as eggs, milk, chicken, lentils, fresh fruits and vegetables to his daily diet. Some home remedies are : 1. Boil curry leaves and coconut or any other oil together, strain and massage the hair with the oil. 2. Boil amla and coconut oil together, strain and massage with the oil. 3. Soak amla overnight and use the water as a rinse for your child's hair in the morning. here's an article on premature greying in kids you may find useful http://edition.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/expert.q.a/05/25/white.hair.child/

Read more
Super Mum

My girl got one strand of white hair when she was few months old. Hair dresser said it’s normal. Many kids are like that.

It natural don't remove it, it means wealth

Don't stress it's nothing to worry about.

Nothing u can do It’s natural

Not to worry.