C-Sect or natural.

Hi mummies. I need some advice on this. My baby is 3.1kg at week 35+2 and my gynae told me my body frame can only take 3.4kg. He mention that I can still try for natural birth if I want but don’t try too hard. Should I still continue to try for natural delivery or just opt for c-sect? Or should I wait till another 1-2 weeks to decide.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I wanted to try for natural as well but the day before my actual EDD, contractions started so I was admitted at night. I was in labour for 10hrs trying for normal delivery. Baby’s heart rate was not good and I had high fever which didn’t go away. At 10cm dilation, baby’s head was still high up. Even so I was asked to push for a few times. I didn’t feel anything at all. No feeling of pushing or like something wanna come out. It felt really weird. So after a few “empty” pushes, no choice had to go for emergency c-sect. It was a blur. A lot of midwives, nurses, doctors around me. One was trying to shave me (I had already shaven), one was inserting the urine catheter, one was changing me, one was undoing my wires, docs were talking to me while I was in pain feeling all the contractions coming back as they had to stop the epidural for me to push. And eventually Baby came out 3.7kg. Road to recovery was tough, but hey, natural or not, our bodies are actually made for birth. So I’d say heed your gynae’s advice.

Read more