C-Sect or natural.

Hi mummies. I need some advice on this. My baby is 3.1kg at week 35+2 and my gynae told me my body frame can only take 3.4kg. He mention that I can still try for natural birth if I want but don’t try too hard. Should I still continue to try for natural delivery or just opt for c-sect? Or should I wait till another 1-2 weeks to decide.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I wanted to try for natural as well but the day before my actual EDD, contractions started so I was admitted at night. I was in labour for 10hrs trying for normal delivery. Baby’s heart rate was not good and I had high fever which didn’t go away. At 10cm dilation, baby’s head was still high up. Even so I was asked to push for a few times. I didn’t feel anything at all. No feeling of pushing or like something wanna come out. It felt really weird. So after a few “empty” pushes, no choice had to go for emergency c-sect. It was a blur. A lot of midwives, nurses, doctors around me. One was trying to shave me (I had already shaven), one was inserting the urine catheter, one was changing me, one was undoing my wires, docs were talking to me while I was in pain feeling all the contractions coming back as they had to stop the epidural for me to push. And eventually Baby came out 3.7kg. Road to recovery was tough, but hey, natural or not, our bodies are actually made for birth. So I’d say heed your gynae’s advice.

Read more

My baby was ard 3.3 kg at 35th wk and I'm petite size. At tt time, I was still planning on natural as my gynae is also pro natural. But by 37th, baby was estimated 3.8kg. Gynae was worried tt I wld likely have a long and hard labour, even more so tt I have not dilated and wld need to be induced if i decided to deliver then. Aft much discussion, we waited another wk so tt baby's lungs will mature more. I tried to do squats and walk alot during tt 1 wk but was only 1cm dilated at 38+3. Gynae suspected tt baby's head may be too big for my cervix. Tt was when my gynae recommended for me to go for elective csect at 39 wks. Luckily I followed his advice as we only found out tt baby had his umbilical cord ard his neck during birth. I wld have to go for emergency csect anw if I still opted for natural. So I suggest for u to wait before deciding and ask ur gynae for opinion.

Read more

If your baby gain more than 3.4 kg .. Then better to go for c-section with out taking risk, last few weeks baby gains more weight. Always follow your doctor's advice. Because at the end you and him/her is going to face all of outcomes.

I was pretty small size with my first as I was only 19yo. she was borne weighing 3.9kg. all natural w/o epidural.

3y ago

Was it a very tough labour ? I’m afraid of tough labour and ended up with emergency c sect i can’t push baby out