C-Sect or natural.

Hi mummies. I need some advice on this. My baby is 3.1kg at week 35+2 and my gynae told me my body frame can only take 3.4kg. He mention that I can still try for natural birth if I want but don’t try too hard. Should I still continue to try for natural delivery or just opt for c-sect? Or should I wait till another 1-2 weeks to decide.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My baby was ard 3.3 kg at 35th wk and I'm petite size. At tt time, I was still planning on natural as my gynae is also pro natural. But by 37th, baby was estimated 3.8kg. Gynae was worried tt I wld likely have a long and hard labour, even more so tt I have not dilated and wld need to be induced if i decided to deliver then. Aft much discussion, we waited another wk so tt baby's lungs will mature more. I tried to do squats and walk alot during tt 1 wk but was only 1cm dilated at 38+3. Gynae suspected tt baby's head may be too big for my cervix. Tt was when my gynae recommended for me to go for elective csect at 39 wks. Luckily I followed his advice as we only found out tt baby had his umbilical cord ard his neck during birth. I wld have to go for emergency csect anw if I still opted for natural. So I suggest for u to wait before deciding and ask ur gynae for opinion.

Read more