Breast to bottle

Mummies i need help. How do i transition my 2mth old bby from breastmilk to bottle? I've tried to have someone else to feed the bottle, but bby still refuses. Will bby eventually drink from bottle? This is stressing me out. Tried giving avent & pigeon bby still refuse.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Besides trying different brands, will also need to find the teat with a flow that your baby likes.. the teat may be too slow or too fast. If too slow, baby will get frustrated and reject. If too fast, baby will choke and cough and also reject. If the teat touches baby’s mouth only and the baby turns away, can try warming up the teat first before to mimic body temperature. Most importantly, don’t give up keep trying, baby will accept one day!

Read more

Maybe you can try giving other brands like Hegen, Nuk, Dr brown etc? It might be frustrating but your baby could prefer the teats more similar to your nipples. Really need to be patient to find a suitable brand for your baby as some babies are more picky. My baby has not tried but from what I’ve heard from my colleague, Nuk teats is more similar to nipple. Good luck!

Read more

Try nuk bottle and dont be in the room when someone else is giving the bottle. Dont worry too much. My baby was the same but he eventually took the bottle. All the best!

try hegen

Try Nuk!