Transition breast to bottle

Mummies, i need help. How do i transition my 2mth old bby from breastmilk to bottle? I've tried to have someone else to feed the bottle, but bby still refuses. Will bby eventually drink from the bottle? This is stressing me out.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi my baby was like yours, refusing to drink from bottle and it was so stressful because she was going to start infant care soon. So we tried different bottle, different teats. We have both pigeon and hegen, so we switched around and see which one baby likes better. My husband managed to feed a few times, but she rejected it again. Then surprisingly, i managed to bottle feed after I explained gently to her that the bottle is a tool for her to drink milk from and then coaxed her to drink. Somehow it just worked. Try to bottle feed at a same timing everyday. Try different teats and teat flow. Baby takes a while to drink from bottle because it is a new skill that they need to re-learn, and they are reluctant to do so because they have already perfected drinking from the breast. It takes encouragement and coaxing. Just continue your efforts and baby will eventually learn to drink from bottle! All the best! 💕

Read more
TapFluencer

Some have found that it can help to have an article of clothing you have worn, like a nightgown or t-shirt, to place on their arm, shoulder, or chest where the baby can smell your scent.