Hi Mummies May I know what 1st food puree should I intro to my 5 months old

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I started wif cereal for breakfast first. After hving for a week, i started wif veg puree for lunch. I would prefer to let baby start wif veg puree first (eg. Steamed Carrot/pumpkin/brocoli) as it is best to train them to like veg when young. (Fyi, when i was pregnant, i totally hate veg! The sight of it makes me wanna puke! Veg is actually my favourite food all along before i was pregnant! So i'm scared tat baby will grow up disliking veg, so i start early!) I hv not start baby on fruits. As fruits r sweet, most likely they will be able to like it. Unlike veg, veg can taste a little bit bitter so i will add some milk inside. Pumpkin dun need add milk as it is a sweet veg & it is very smooth when u mash it after u steam it.

Read more
7y ago

Hi She wakes up at 8am for first milk. How much amount of food u gave? And how long apart after having their food u gave their milk?

There are a lot to try out. I started with avocado then sweet potato , potato, sweet peas , apple and carrots. Try to let baby explore as much tastes as possible keeping in mind to test new foods for at least three to four days and to avoid food that is not easily digestible for now. Meats should only be given around 7mo.

Read more

Really up to u. U can give banana or avocado purée. Dun really need to purée. Can just mash w fork Some pple skip the whole purée and cereal thing and go to porridge Some give cereal I have store bought bottle broccoli - Hipp brand - then after that I made my own

Read more
7y ago

Thanks for the info mummy. May i know how do u plan for the timing from bf then milk what time etc..

VIP Member

Started with Rice Cereal for 2 weeks. Gradually for Breakfast will be Rice Cereal Lunch i will give, Carrot, Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, Potato, Broccoli, Sweet Peas. Dinner will be Rice Cereal

Read more
7y ago

Hi May i know how is the timing and the amout of food u gave? And how long apart after having their food u gave their milk?

I give bananas, advocado freshly mashed and served. You can also give oats or cereal, steam some carrots, apples, pears, potatos or spinach and add it into the puree with some milk.

7y ago

Hi,what kind of oat?

VIP Member

banana, avocado, butternut squash, snow peas (mashed and filtered), all are puree added with breast milk

TapFluencer

Carrots potato broccoli cauliflower pumpkin sweet potato - but I started with plain baby yoghurt

Hi. You may find this article useful: https://sg.theasianparent.com/baby-food-basics/amp

Super Mum

I started with rice cereal. My PD told me to start with rice cereal.

VIP Member

It's a long list but favourites are avocado, carrots and broccoli!