Parent In laws

Hi mummies I have been staying in my husband house with his parents ever since we got married and our conflicts are getting worse. They don't even let me carry my own child and are very two faced in front of my husband. Yet my husband never once stand up for me. Constant restrictions etc on how I raise and discipline my child, I really don't know how to continue staying with them plus I'm preg with a second child things are just getting worse :(

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Think about what you want to do now. Do you want to move out? Or do you want to stay? Who is looking after your baby? Your in-laws? Is there any other option? After that share your options with your husband. Give him options. Tell him again what is worrying you. If he doesn’t bother about your feelings and saying you’re just being petty, give him the ultimatum. It’s either he talk to his parents about his child being raised and disciplined by the mother of his child (YOU) or you look for legal ways to sort the matter out for you. Because ultimately, you’re the mother of his child, not his parents. Even if you go to court, the mother usually has the last say to her children especially if they’re young. I really hate to hear about in-laws or own parents having so much say in the upbringing of one’s child. It’s not like the mother of the child is incapable of looking after her own kid. Please be stern and tell your husband you do not like when his parents interfere and meddle too much on the upbringing of your child. If he shrugs it off then just secretly seek for help via family social services and get it over and done with this kind of toxic family. Do something about the situation, don’t keep mum as a mother to your kids. Otherwise just suck it up and follow their lead. I’m telling you, it’s just gonna get worse. Soon they’ll say you’re not fit to be a mother and then poison your husband to let you go.. sorry but this could be already in their heads.

Read more