Stopping adoption process

Hi mummies, I just birthed my baby girl few days ago on Aug 2021. I had planned for her to go for adoption for the longest time due to disagreements from family and that my boyfriend felt we were unable to provide for her. I have always wanted to keep her but I have no choice but to send my baby girl for adoption. My adoption was through an agency and private - not under MSF. I cried so hard signing the affidavit to give up my child for adoption and was threatened I will be disowned if I kept the child. I have been thinking for a few days and crying nonstop thinking about my newborn. I am thinking if I should just stop the process and get my child back, get disowned and wing it with the support of my boyfriend or just accept my fate and tell myself it's for the better as the adoptive parents will be able to provide for her. I feel bad for the adoptive parents who probably prepared for her arrival and wasting the adoption agent's time.. But I can't stop thinking about her and crying over her. Please advise or give opinions and not be so harsh. #advicepls #pleasehelp #firstbaby

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello, This is really a difficult decision to make and I can tell you really love your baby girl alot.. :( sometimes loving may also mean letting go, although it's so painful, but you are being a good mother by putting your baby's welfare first. Put aside the pain for awhile and consider in the long term if you are able to provide for your baby girl, financially, emotionally, physically. Parenting is not jus 1 year 2 year, it's for life. Are you able to provide a warm happy home for your baby girl, give her a good education, good memories and all the love in the world? If you are, then go for it! Keep your baby and be the best mum u can be. But if you know deep in your heart that u can't because of all the instability in your life, then u may have to make the hardest but most loving decision. Adoptive families are vetted very thoroughly by agencies, they are usually very stable, emotionally, financially, have alot of family love and support. Because they have been waiting so long for this baby, they will love the baby alot alot. And there are adoptive parents who are even willing to maintain contact with the birth mother. Send birth mother pictures every year, even meet ups! Perhaps u can work out some arrangement with them? Whatever decision u make, I believe it will be the right one because u are a loving mummy. Lots of love and hugs

Read more
3y ago

Hmm seems that you are sure u want to keep her no matter what. What's stopping u from making that decision and keeping your baby girl then?