Hello mummies May I ask if you went for all optional vaccinations up to 2 years or only selected ones? Would like to hear your opinion

Hello mummies May I ask if you went for all optional vaccinations up to 2 years or only selected ones? Would like to hear your opinion as we currently have rotavirus etc upcoming thanks!

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Went for all. Rotavirus is one of the commonest viruses that cause stomach flu in children, especially after they start school. My elder daughter (almost 4) has not had diarrhoea, so I’m very grateful. Pneumococcus is one of the commonest causes of pneumonia, yes, even more than COVID-19. So I felt it’d be better just to get the vaccine. Chicken pox and Shingles (Varicella-Zoster) are not fun to have as children, and the symptoms are even worse as adults when our immune system is stronger (to cause a stronger outbreak, in a sense). Plus, the virus is spread through the airborne route, so if the child gets it, they’ll have to be isolated, which would make the child miserable. Now that there’s finally a vaccine for it, it’s definitely worth having. Shingles is really painful by the way. Both conditions are caused by the same virus. In a nutshell, all these optional vaccines are definitely worth going for

Read more

It's best to go for all vaccines to build LO immune. didn't want to take risk.

If you travel for a holiday, better to get the optional vaccine