Sciatica ?

Hi mummies. I am about 9 weeks pregnant now and i am experiencing a pain on my right butt cheeks. Its painful. ? It is normal? I googled and it stated sciatica pain. But I am not sure. Best to ask experience mummies. Thank you ❤️

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Yes I had that too. Unfortunately, it stays for the whole pregnancy 😭 And while I mostly had it on the right side, there were days where I had it on both sides and was limping in pain at work. After giving birth, the pain went away instantly when I was by myself, but came back occasionally when I was carrying baby in my arms for the first 1-2 months. Unfortunately, pregnant women can’t take medicine for nerve pain, so I had to rely on paracetamol, which helped sometimes. I experimented and learnt that walking with the whole leg rotated inwards (meaning your right foot pointed towards the left side) made it easier. Avoid stairs if you can. I had to take stairs every day and the pain was terrible, especially when walking down.

Read more
4y ago

Woahh. This is very helpful. Thank you soooo much!! It comes and goes tho. Ill try as your advise when it strikes again. Thank you so much!

VIP Member

Do check with doctor or read the packaging label before using medicated balm or patch. I remember not using as those products always label as not suitable for pregnant women.

Hey, I would say better to check with your gynae for this as there are man balms in the market which are not suitable for pregnancy.

I had this with my first too. Tigerbalm patch works wonder hehe

4y ago

Really?! I shud invest to the patch hahahaha thank you. Ive been putting some hot oil but it still hurts. I have to "carry" my right butt up! Hahahaha thank you so much!

VIP Member

Do consult your gynae if the pain gets too unbearable

4y ago

Will do..! Thank youuu !

Same problem! Been tahan-ing for the past wk!

Better to check with doc