Mummies, how do you all store the BM after expressed @ workplace? Did you just put in BM bottles and just put at the normal compartment? Do you wrap the bottles and not visible to anyone? After all this is a very personal items which I don't feel good in exposing when pple open the fridge. Need some suggestions thanks

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

At my old work place, the senior officers had our own break room to share between 6-8 ladies. Not all of us were mothers then so there was no issues storing bm. Moreover, we were all quite nice to one another so no one would touch things in the fridge without asking. I think it's really up to how you perceive your work environment and colleagues. If you feel insecure keeping your ebm in the fridge, then by all means, put those containers or bags in another bag before putting it in the communal fridge. If you have your own cubicle or office, you can maybe buy one of those mini fridges and keep the ebm in there instead. That's what my ex-colleague did.

Read more

My previous company have a dedicated nursing room with fridge exclusively for ebm so that was more convenient. In my current place, I don't want to run into the risk of no space in fridge or colleagues feeling uncomfortable with milk bottles so I carry a fridge to go (Victoria size). Fits my bottles and air tight box containing my pump parts. Quite heavy, but totally worth it.

Read more

I stored mine in milk storage bags. Everyday i will carry my cooler bag and ice block around. The ice block and milk bags will be kept in the office freezer, then i will bring them home. It is easier to keep in bags than bottles as you will be able to write on the bag for easy identification on time and date! Jiayou mummy :)

Read more

I bring my own cooler bag & ice panel. I continue to freeze the ice panels in my office freezer until im done w my pump then keep all in our FTG. Or u can also keep your whole cooler bag in the fridge so they cant c ur bm.

I keep mine in storage bottles and I will put them into a cooler bag with icepacks before putting into the fridge. It would look like a lunch box to others. Try Autumnz, their icepacks can keep milk chilled for 14hours.

Consider getting one of the breast milk storage bags. They are handy. I had a medela one for, it actually came together. Alternatively you may want to purchase a bag to store the bottles if you are not comfortable.

Thanks mummy for your contributions:) . If to dump everything ( BM bottle + cooler bag ) into the fridge as some of you suggested, the outer layer cooler bag will become damped when you carry the way home?

I bought a mini fridge (4 litre type) and also brought a cooler bag with 3 ice packs which can last half a day. I can put my bm and pump parts. Anyway ppl kp opening the office fridge so not as cold.

I'm a forgetful person so I keep in my cooler bag. Cos my cooler bag and ice packs can last up to 14 hrs or more. I tried keeping in fridge and I forget to bring home so many times ahahah

My breast pump comes with a cooler bag. I usually put store in baby's milk bottles and put in the cooler bag with the ice in it. No one can see. I put in the freezer compartment.