How to store expressed breastmilk

This is my first pregnancy and would like to gain more knowledge on how to properly store breastmilk and their lifespan. From what i read, theres 2 ways to store breastmilk(if you dont intend to give your baby straightaway): 1. Chiller, normal fridge 2. Freezer (im using the normal 2 door fridge with freezer) How to determine when to store our expressed breastmilk in chiller and freezer. For chiller and freezer, how long can the milk last? And if we wish to store the breastmilk in chiller/normal fridge, do you still put in storage bags or just put in bottle. Fyi im using a 2 door samsung fridge. Right is normal fridge, left is freezer, as below #advicepls #firstbaby

How to store expressed breastmilk
2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Checkout HealthHub guideline. https://www.healthhub.sg/live-healthy/1141/pregnancy-feeding-your-baby-breastfeeding Scroll down to the part : Storage of expressed milk Do take note that chiller/normal fridge storage is max 48hours only! It’s NOT 8 days like the other mummy mentioned. If you insist to keep in chiller for more than 48hours , do a smell test before u feed ur baby… I accidentally kept more than 48hours once (in a 3 degree fridge) and it smell bad already… Always follow HealthHub guideline to be safe. As for storing in bags or bottles, it’s up to you. Personally, I store them in individual milk bottles by per feed. So it’s easier and faster (to heat up and feed. Hungry baby is angry baby)

Read more

In normal fridge, I usually store in those expressed bottles so it’s easier to pour out. If not in milk bottles provided u have enough bottles to circulate. Those are to be consume within 48hrs. If u got too much supply or feels won’t use within 48hrs can just put in freezer using bag. Just remember to label the time n date of milk.

Read more