Toddler entering childcare center.

So mummies, how long does it takes for ur LO to FINALLY settle down at day care center? Mine just started 3rd week, and i am still having hard time every morning. Is this normal? First week came 1 week, second week dint come at all due to fever and this week will be third week. I guess its also normal for them to fall sick when they first enter day care center right? Please share with me your experience ❤️

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is normal for children to fall sick when they first enter preschool as they are exposed to more things in their surroundings as before. Additionally, it is normal for children to take at least a month to adapt to their new environment and depends on their age as well. But it is common for children to cry when they first left their parents, and check if the teachers how your child are adapting throughout the day such as nap time and playtime. This will be a better gauge of adaptation than what you see because there's a tendency of children crying when entering and crying when their parents came to fetch.

Read more

Hi, it is normal..my daughter took 6 months to make herself happy and contented because she always cried when I dropped her in the morning. She caught viruses (hfmd, stomach flu, cough, flu) on her first 6 months at childcare and her immunity has been better after that.

VIP Member

Yes my Daughter caught hand foot and mouth upon two months of entering childcare :( Depending on their personality - should take between 1 day and -1 month for them to settle into the routine of school

VIP Member

My Friends kids took 2 months to get better . So a lot also have to see the Teachers able to try to win the kids over with attention and involvement in the activities.

O yes, they are always falling sick but hopefully all this is helping to build their immunity and helping them grow stronger!

TapFluencer

My Son cried Everyday for 2 months before entering his day care center but eventually adopted and enjoyed it there.

VIP Member

Definitely normal! And yes kids at childcare centres or when they attend playschool tend to fall sick often.

It's different for different kids. For my first, he took 6 months!! Second one took only 2 weeks.

Differs from child to child, mine took one week, my friend's child took one month

TapFluencer

It took my Son a month to fully settle and integrate into the day care lifestyle.