Hi mummies, how u all handle depression during pregnancy especially to those single mom out there :/ Im a single mom here and im getting alot of negative things coming into my mind recently and i can easily breakdown or even worst the feeling makes me just wanna end my life .

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi dear, pregnancy can be very difficult, and your situation makes it even harder. I want to give you a big hug for the courage that you have to keep this baby. It musn’t have been an easy decision. When there’s a lot of negativity, you need a lot of positivity to balance it out. Do you have good friends or at least one family member who’s supportive and can be there for you? Also, you may not know it yet because you haven’t met your baby yet, but I assure you that to your baby, you are the best and most wonderful thing that has ever happened to him/her. I hope that you’ll hold on to this thought and continue loving yourself and your baby through this difficult time, and really, after baby’s born (and after the initial stage where baby’s quite frightened of being outside), you’ll know what I mean when you see how your little one looks at you, and you’ll know that everything was worth it, and everything’s going to be okay. ❤️ Please let this community (or other support groups) continue to journey with you:)

Read more

I'm a daddy here, just giving my 2 cents. Talk to a close friend. Go for short walks (helps with delivery, they say) Look at cute baby photos, know that a little bundle of joy is inside you, waiting for you. No doubt it'll be difficult, but remember, all the baby have is you, so stay strong for him! Always, there are many awesome parents here to show u support too :)

Read more

Hi mom to be, First of all whenever you feel like this, always think of what a brave thing you are doing. You are bringing life into the world which is so wonderful. Don't let negativity get to you. You would need to make your heart little strong and also always share your feelings with your family and close friends. It really helps.

Read more

i had depression with my first kid too, im not a single mum however my husband did not help with anything other than financially...i depended on my good friends n especially my family to help me....trust me nobody will help you like ur own family❤

VIP Member

Try getting support from a friend or family? I feel that it is good to have support during this difficult time. If really have no one, can find mummy friends for support. Jiayou mama

VIP Member

Talk to someone