Hi mummies, how to cook brown rice? I cook it in slow cooker 5-6hours. Inside rice is soft well cooked. But there is some skin like thing still hard.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi I know that brown rice is nutritious for us and babies but brown rice fills quite easily and is harder to digest so I was skeptical to feed it to my baby who used to get gas quite easily. If you find the skin hard why don't you purée the rice before giving to baby? The husk of brown rice is still intact that's why it is considered healthier but hence also gives it a harder texture. My mom told me before to cook brown rice over stove on medium heat to make it more tender

Read more

Brown rice is actually unpolished rice. The skin is actually the husk. It will not soften. One method you can do is soak the rice for 30mins before cooking is if it helps.

8y ago

Will try thanks 😊

Lol, i blend the rice aftet i cooked it. So that its easier for baby to eat. Also brown rice is harder to digest.

VIP Member

Usually i soak my rice over night . At least 6 to 8 hours. When i cook, its easily to cook and very softy