Booster jab

Hi mummies, have u taken ur booster jab during ur pregnancy? Im at 18w5d. Gynae told me anytime i can take the booster. But im just a bit of trauma due to my 2nd vaccine i had very bad abdominal pain to endure for 2days then suddenly menses came in early. But during my abdominal pain i couldn't get up to do any work at all. #1stimemom

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! I received my booster close to 20 weeks and I had no symptoms although my second jab was horrible for me! (Fever, heart palpitations, headache) Thankful for that! I believe(my own opinion) that it would be best to take the booster to protect yourself and your baby, and you can read up on the necessity of booster especially for pregnant women. I think everyone has a diff experience, and if your gynaecologist gives you the green light, you should be encouraged to go ahead. A few mummies and me were upset that we had to wait for the booster when we’re part of the vulnerable group. Pregnant women should be among those prioritised :) at the end of the day it’s up to you and your gynae’s suggestion. So far all the mummies I know have rushed for the booster asap 😄 all the best! I’m almost 30 weeks now and baby is doing great

Read more

I’ve heard so many bad experiences with preggos & booster. My massage lady told me half of her client who took boosters during pregnancy, all their babies came out within the next 2 weeks regardless full term or not. (I also heard the same thing from another group of mummies.) Worse case is baby didn’t make it after booster. After hearing so many real life experiences shared by mummies and people around me, I’d really advise to take after birth… But of course there are also mummies who took boosters and everything went well..

Read more
2y ago

hello, I'm a FTM too! my gynae recommended me to take after 3 months and choose Pfizer for less post-booster symptoms. My first 2 was moderna and had vv bad headaches and chills and fever. So I took Pfizer booster on week 14, only slight arm ache and little headache. So glad I took it because a week later, my hubs and his family got covid positive and though I was the main caregiver to him, I didnt test positive at all. phew!

Hi, I just took my booster last week on 5th March. I'm into my 18w today. Not much side effects for me. Only headache for one day after the booster and slight fever. Recovered on the next day. Feeling normal after that. I have a friend who was also pregnant and took her booster on week 18, all good too... She is in her 26weeks now. Oh, and I took Pfizer for my first 2 jabs, little side effects and my Gynae suggested I go for Pfizer for my booster, which I did as we didn't know how my body will be with Moderna.

Read more
2y ago

Same with me! I took my booster when i was 9/10 weeks pregnant and everything went well except i got caught up with covid the next 2 days. My 1st and 2nd was pfizer also my booster :)

Hi mummy! I had the same issue of abdominal pain during my 2nd jab. However, my menses delayed instead of coming early like urs. delayed for about few weeks and heavier menses. Had my booster at 7-8 weeks + even before seeing my gynae at hospital. Only heed the gp doctor’s advice & went for it. No abdominal cramps. Baby is healthy now, thankfully. Think positive okay. Hopefully yours goes as well too❤️

Read more

I am 27 weeks, discussed with my doc on my plan to delay until the last week of the 270days period which would then be about my 35 weeks, i did not want to take any risks too.. he agreed because different people have different reactions to booster but advise to go 1 week earlier than my initial plan for differentiating between booster side effects or in case of early labour...

Read more
2y ago

i may consider this too. 😊 will discuss with my gynae for my next visit at 21weeks.

I had very bad side effects for my second dose but the booster was a breeze for me. Just sore arms and a slight headache that was manageable without medication. I was at 27 weeks when I took the booster. Am at 34 weeks now and baby is still active and we’re all doing fine. :) Took moderna for all 3 vaccinations.

Read more

took my pfizer booster at 27 weeks! could have done it earlier but I wanted to wait til 3rd trimester so baby is more stable and can get some antibodies against covid too. was initially wanting to do it after labour but I heard that for some moms their milk supply drops after the booster..

Took my booster at 27 weeks, with minimal side effects. Only sore arms and slight headache which was manageable without medication. Currently in my 33 week and doing fine. :) Moderna for all 3 vaccinations.

Read more

Took my booster last week in 21st week of pregnancy . All 3 vaccines were pfizer. Experienced headache and slight fever. Took panadol as recommended by dr. Rest everything was fine with me.

I took my booster in January when I was at 12-13 weeks. I'm now at 18 weeks. So far, I only had headache and check ups since then have been good with no side effects from booster.