Wrist Pain

Any mummies experiencing wrist pain during pregnancy? How do you reduce the pain?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes me!!! I’m at 37 weeks now and started feeling it few weeks back. Every morning when I clench my fingers, my joints also hurt so bad. When I try to pop my wrist every morning, it also hurts so bad. But it’s normal cause of all the extra fluid in your body during pregnancy. This will eventually lead to water retention especially in your ankles and feet. Make sure you hydrate yourself and drink 10-12 glasses a day to flush out excess fluids. Elevate your legs when you lie down, the higher and longer the better. I usually elevate up my heardboard for an hour at least once a day. Really helps with the swelling. As for wrists, can’t do much, just move it more than usual I guess. It’ll go away after pregnancy (I hope).

Read more
VIP Member

I did; due to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. You can only do some remedies to reduce the pain like wrapping your wrists with refrigerated cabbage or wearing wrist guard. It went away naturally a month after I gave birth.

Yes this is very normal during pregnancy. Your whole body is going through many changes and you will experience carpal tunnel syndrome at some point but if it's too painful do see a dr

Hi, This happens because of exhaustion as well. Try to take more rest and don't do physical activities which involve heavy lifting through wrist

My friend had carpal tunnel syndrome after she delivered . She got a jab from the doc and it went away couple of days after .

Reduce activities that cause your wrist to bend, Use cold therapy, Have a rest

i had before pregnancy and till now (1 month after)

VIP Member

Yessss...went for acupuncture and it helped!

Yes and i used a wrist guard. Helped alot!