Baby car seat

Hi mummies, we don't own a car, however, most of the time we will be taking taxi/grab car. Is it mandatory to get baby seat? Or can I just get grabfamily as they provide booster seat for kids 4 to 7 years old. But what about NB to 2 years old as I will be giving birth in Sept 2021. Since I have a tula carrier, can I fasten my seat belt first and then fasten the baby onto the carrier to myself?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Best to get the car seat. Taxi doesn't need but indeed it's more cost efficient and more convenient sometimes to take normal Grabcar. U can buy Doona stroller as it can also be used as a carseat frm newborn onwards. More ex than normal stroller but a gd investment for those travelling via private hire cars or when u want to rent a car.

Read more

It is safer to get a car seat (but not compulsory in taxi). In the long term it will be more cost-efficient to own your own car seat and take grab instead of taxi or grab family (expensive for the type of car seat they provide - not the safest option - and not always available).

if taxi, you can carry ur baby without car seat but if its under grab/gojek all the private hire u need it

U need car seat if taking private hire. Carrier is meant for carrying not for car ride..