MC for gynae

Mummies, is doctor appointment = mc? Do you take mc when you go for follow up with gynea?

32 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If still first 3 months, then maybe u will just wana take mc and let know on the day itself? After that can just say? But some will feel that their boss or something will complain abt their Gyne visit so mix mix lor - sometimes say sometimes don't say

7y ago

One of my department head said that im well planned. Doctor appointment until can take MC.

VIP Member

If it’s just a day, best to opt for weekends cos you probably wanna save your MC for other emergencies. If it’s for a few days, probably request for HL instead. That’s what my gynae will do. He will avoid using MC.

VIP Member

You let them know in advance that you have a doctor appointment, either u take half day leave OR u take MC. Cause usually employment only allow u up to 14days of MC. Keep those MC when u really need it.

Read more
7y ago

My gynea app is 1 month once so by the time i due, i only use 6days. I still left. So is no wrong taking mc right?

VIP Member

U have to request for it. I didn’t take mc every time I went for gynae appointment cos still need to reserve a few days of medical leave in case of falling sick or catching a flu etc.

Super Mum

Yes I will take mc as my work is very tiring and it’s a good opportunity to rest at home after visiting the gynae. Usually it’s once a month so not so bad

VIP Member

yes u see doctor, they will give u time-chit or MC. depending wat u wan..for me usually i req claim time off 2hrs from work... I will request late Appt's

VIP Member

You need to request. Otherwise see if your company can give you time off as it usually take 1 hour max? If longer I take half day.

Doctor appointment is not equivalent to MC. U will have to request for it. Not all doctor will issue it to u.

VIP Member

Yes unless your company is flexible for 1-2 hours time off as it wouldn’t take that long

Gynae will offer whether you need MC... you can always let your gynae know if you need one