DIY Confinement

Any mummies her did not engage confinement nanny and DIY your confinement? Is it manageable if it is just you and your husband? I am more keen to DIY confinement myself by ordering confinement food delivery and herbs, etc with 2 considerations -I don’t like the idea of a stranger staying in my house and taking care of my baby and also, to save some money which is about $3500 now. But I have many “advices” saying that I will regret, I will be very tired, my relationship with the husband will be strained, etc...

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i survived my confinement without any hired CL, we didnt like the idea of a stranger in the hse too. a few things we did: - ordered confinement meals - my mother boiled fish soup (for milk booster) and red dates soup. she visited every evening ( to help a little with baby n check on my sanity) - my mother-in-law came in the noon to help shower baby and stay for 2 hrs (and i will get a nap during that time) - hubby will help in laundry and chores - purchased a UV sterilizer and more milk bottles to rotate(save time in sterilising bottles) - got the confinement herbs for bath

Read more