DIY Confinement

Any mummies her did not engage confinement nanny and DIY your confinement? Is it manageable if it is just you and your husband? I am more keen to DIY confinement myself by ordering confinement food delivery and herbs, etc with 2 considerations -I don’t like the idea of a stranger staying in my house and taking care of my baby and also, to save some money which is about $3500 now. But I have many “advices” saying that I will regret, I will be very tired, my relationship with the husband will be strained, etc...

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For malays we dont have such service like a confinement nanny. when i had my firstborn, my mother passed on when i was in the first trimester. mil promised to care for me right after i give birth. sadly all she wants is the baby. she didnt cook food for my confinement n scolded my husband when he went out to buy food for me to eat. im not able to rest much bcos she may pass bad remarks and im not able to feed my baby as much bcos she will nag saying i keep on latching too much. forcing me to feed baby formula. due to all the experience, since i had my 2ndborn onwards, i have been catering confinement food and tingkat meals for my husband n kids. my husband will look after and spend time with my other children while i get my rest and massage. im also able to latch my newborn more so i can produce more milk, and bathe my baby with the products that i prefer. no rude remarks, heartbreaking comments and disturbances. im able to recover well. it is manageable if ur husband is understanding and knows that this is the best option that the both of u have. have a heart to heart talk. May u have a good rest after birth and recover well..

Read more