DIY Confinement

Any mummies her did not engage confinement nanny and DIY your confinement? Is it manageable if it is just you and your husband? I am more keen to DIY confinement myself by ordering confinement food delivery and herbs, etc with 2 considerations -I don’t like the idea of a stranger staying in my house and taking care of my baby and also, to save some money which is about $3500 now. But I have many “advices” saying that I will regret, I will be very tired, my relationship with the husband will be strained, etc...

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

it is manageable although it really is tiring. we engaged a nanny for my first child but decided to handle confinement on our own for my 2nd child and catered confinement meals for lunch and dinner. the toughest part of it was the night waking. it’ll help if you discussed beforehand how you and your husband will arrange your time so that you can avoid misunderstanding or miscommunication. would definitely be welcomed help from family members if they are willing. might also consider limiting visitors during this time so that you have more time to rest in the day.

Read more