DIY Confinement

Any mummies her did not engage confinement nanny and DIY your confinement? Is it manageable if it is just you and your husband? I am more keen to DIY confinement myself by ordering confinement food delivery and herbs, etc with 2 considerations -I don’t like the idea of a stranger staying in my house and taking care of my baby and also, to save some money which is about $3500 now. But I have many “advices” saying that I will regret, I will be very tired, my relationship with the husband will be strained, etc...

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I had no confinement nanny because I do not like the idea of having a stranger (much less a potentially bossy one) staying in the house. in addition, I am very picky with food so I am better off doing without a nanny. I did not order confinement meal packages because of my fussy tastebuds too. I have a helper to do household chores. I ordered TCM herbal tea and soups from Madam Partum and prepared most of my own meals. Soups are ready in an hour with a pressure cooker. Hubby and our parents shower the newborn. It is manageable and in a few weeks I will be doing my 2nd confinement without a nanny again.

Read more