Hi mummies, is cord stem cells necessary? Or just cord blood will be good enough? If I would to buy both, the cost is quite substantial.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Frankly speaking, this whole cord blood banking thing is not yet thoroughly researched. Right now, what can be done with it is only a very small fraction of the whole plethora of diseases. Private cord blood banking is not cheap either. So it depends on your family's finances and what you believe in. I chose to donate it instead. If it really can help someone in need then great for the receipient. 😊

Read more
4y ago

Hi, I think you’re misunderstanding about “not thoroughly researched”. It only means that some diseases can be used but there are some diseases yet to be proven can be effective. Although that’s the case, it only means that next time as science and technology progresses, more diseases may be able to use cord blood, tissue or lining to be treated. At this moment, there’s quite a number of diseases proven to be treatable. Hence, in the future, having the cord blood, tissue or lining in your own ownership means a bonus if your now-not-yet-known-to-be-treated disease ends up becoming can be treated.